Change can be good!
This summer has been full of changes for me and Palm Beach Nutrition.
If you missed my last blog, you missed the announcement that we have become Palm Beach Nutrition and Wellness ~ focusing on improving health through Nutritional Consultations and offering nutritional products via mail orders.
As the summer comes to a close, I can look back and see so many changes that have occurred in the last few months. Changes are not always a welcome thing. Some times, we do not like change in life; but change can be very good for our us. So here are a few thoughts on changing some things can help sharpen your mind and improve your attitude:
Use your nondominant hand to do daily tasks like brushing your teeth or hair, picking up utensils to eat or clicking the computer mouse. This simple change promotes the growth of neurons in the brain, which can sharpen memory and thinking.
Engage your senses
Get dressed with your eyes closed. ( But make sure you check your mirror before leaving the house!) One night at dinner, communicate only nonverbally (that’s right, no words). By relying on different senses, you create more neurons in your brain and get more creative.
Try something fresh
It doesn’t have to be anything big—a free class at a dance center, a new recipe or try a new type of exercise. You begin to realize, I can do this! And that can lead to even greater accomplishments. When you learn a new skill, your brain actually builds new circuitry. Think of it as mental cross-training.
- Be proactive: Plan ahead to nip problems before they even start.
- Wake up earlier: Get more time out of your day by waking up earlier.
- Smile: Feel better about yourself and get a more positive outlook by putting a smile on your face.
- Accept failure: Know that you won’t succeed all of the time-but focus on your successes.
- Realize you can’t always get what you want: Learn to accept downfalls and work with them.
- Plan ahead: Planning can help you be prepared for fitness, health, happiness, and more.
- Accept that you can’t control everything: You can’t stop the rain, strikes, or control other people. Learn to work with what you’ve got.
- Realize that every second is precious: Live every day like it’s your last, because someday it just might be. What can you do to make that day special~ for yourself or others?
So see what changes you can make in your life this fall and watch how it can improve your life!